Some Final Fitting
The banjo is looking so nice that I couldn’t resist doing some final fitting with everything together. I added a bit of colour to the skin of the banjo to make it look well used. I also added some of the aluminum tape to the frets to give them a metal shine. To make the frets, I had started with a wood burning tool and a bit of silver paint, but just wasn’t satisfied with the look. So I carved out small channels and inlaid the metal tape. I’m a lot happier with that look.
If you remember the term “letraset”and the letters, numbers and figures that came with this product, you’ll remember this print application that basically rubs off on the item that you want to add some printing on. Well I have a bit of that left in my shop and found a little swirly application that I added to the head of the banjo.
Still quite a bit of work to do on the banjo but I’m also getting very close to starting the painting on the hound.