I finished up the mattress, lamp and the toaster today although I still want to add electrical cords to the lamp and toaster later on once everything is in place.
I’m not sure if I mentioned earlier that I decided to change up the floor lamp and have it sticking through the rolled up mattress. So I ended up drilling out within the fold of the mattress and cutting the lamp in about equal halves to insert into either end.
The lamp shade got a coat of automotive primer followed by several coats of acrylic “linen” with some dabs of yellow ochre to give it an aged and a bit stained look. The lamp stand and legs were first covered with brown “asphaltum” and then dry brushed pretty liberally with a copper colour called “worn penny.” I think that it duplicated that aged brass look that I was after pretty closely.
The toaster got covered with metal tape often used in HVAC ( furnaces and ducts ) work. This is an adhesive backed tape that once on the wood can be smoothed out around gentle curves by rubbing on it with a smooth surface like the back of a spoon. With a bit of grey-black on the parts that would have been the plastic of the time – bakelite- it turned out pretty well.
This is looking amazing Mark! I know this one is gong to be a first place ribbon!!
They look fantastic Mark,as always all the details you add make them so perfect.