On The Ropes
Wendell needed a rope seat to lean back against as he’s washing the windows, so I grabbed some household electrical copper wire to fashion the ropes.
I chucked up just two strands of copper wire into my battery operated electric drill and with the other ends of the wire wrapped around a nail that I drove into my work table, I slowly wound the wires into a rope. To make the knots that I needed, I just took an inch or so length of this wound wire and curled it into something that looked like a knot. These curled pieces were later just slipped over the “rope” and crimped and glued in place.
The hooks that were glued in place on the window sills are cotter pins that were cut in half.
Everything got a light sanding, a coat of primer, some acrylic paint and finished with satin urethane. I’m happy with the way that they turned out.