A Little Reading Material
Well, here’s something new for me.
You’ll recall from an earlier post that I fashioned a newspaper out of a light sheet of brass, with some soldering and “newspaper white” painting included.
Now comes time for the printed sections. I knew that the printing couldn’t be readable given the size of the paper (!) and that I only needed to provide some chicken scratch for the articles, but, I wasn’t completely sure how I was going to do it. I eventually decided on using a mechanical pencil with an HB lead ( read: small, soft and dark ), followed with a light mist coating of a matte finish urethane to prevent things from smudging.
I’ve completed the front of the paper and even included a couple of advertisements and a “photo” of a doghouse to go along with one of the articles. I’m pretty pleased with the Daily News so far!