Our little Cow-hand’s painting is now complete. The pants are grey with a bit of burnt umber, yellow ochre and raw sienna. The boots are asphaltum with black heels and soles and then some yellow ochre and raw sienna added in as mud and dirt. Finally, the whole thing was dry-brushed with a mixture of ivory and raw sienna to give everything a dusty look.
I made a top button out of a piece of lead and used aluminum adhesive backed tape over the belt buckle to finish that off. The only item left for me is to fashion a couple of spurs for those big boots and then we’ll be ready to finish the fence rails and base.
Plus, I got some more gardening done today before the rain came down in buckets!