Finishing Up The Base Coats
I think I’ve got the two hounds painted about where I want them. I used a lot of different browns in their coats…milk chocolate, asphaltum, linen…and a bit of yellow ochre to soften the browns. The little passenger has a mottled pattern on her back as well as a larger “spot” of asphaltum with a few washes of carbon black. This weekend, I’ll seal the acrylic on the hounds with satin urethane. This last step really brightens up the colours even further.
You can see from these photos that I’ve taken the first few steps at painting the car. Right now, I have a cherry red base coat that’s starting to look really nice.
As usual, just click on the photo to make it bigger.