Finishing Up The Base Coats
I think I’ve got the two hounds painted about where I want them. I used a lot of different browns in their coats…milk chocolate, asphaltum, linen…and a bit of yellow ochre to soften the browns. The little passenger has a mottled pattern on her back as well as a larger “spot” of asphaltum with a few washes of carbon black. This weekend, I’ll seal the acrylic on the hounds with satin urethane. This last step really brightens up the colours even further.
You can see from these photos that I’ve taken the first few steps at painting the car. Right now, I have a cherry red base coat that’s starting to look really nice.
As usual, just click on the photo to make it bigger.
Looking really good! I love watching your work progress into a work of fine art 😊
Thanks Cheryl. I’m watching your artwork on Bassets Only & More pretty closely. The link is at the side for those who haven’t visited Cheryl’s Facebook page.
Fantastic Mark,I love them,I can’t wait to see it finished.
I’m really enjoying this carving, Lynne. All the plastic model cars that I built as a boy are coming back to me!